Nine Reasons for Senior Living
Posted: August 18, 2023
Are you on the fence about senior living? Moving to a senior living community can be a big life change with all the advantages of senior living to look forward to. You or your loved one will be embracing a whole new lifestyle, but you may also be leaving a home you’ve enjoyed for many years that has a rich treasure of family history.
While everyone’s journey is unique, here are a few of the advantages to senior living for you to consider as you make your decision:
- Delicious and nutritious meals are prepared for you! You won’t need to cook or shop for groceries unless you want to. Most senior living communities offer dining services to provide you with the variety and the fun of eating out for every meal you choose. You can also choose in-room dining options at many places such as Someren Glen.
- You’ll have 24-hour access to an on-site health club. Because we know that staying active is one of the keys to maintaining your well-being and independence, most senior living communities offer fitness centers to make it easier than ever to stay fit. And don’t forget the fitness classes usually offered from chair yoga to walking clubs. Check out the activities calendars to get a sense of the many programs offered at Someren Glen.
- There’s no need to drive unless you choose to. One of the advantages of senior living is that many of the things you need and activities you enjoy are located right in the community for your easy access. In addition, many communities have transportation services to take you to places you want to go such as shopping, theater, and entertainment.
- Security is built in. Simply said, security is one of the most attractive advantages at a senior living community. Secure entrances, full time staff, and video monitoring are common. Safety features such as handrails and non-slip flooring and emergency buttons in resident apartments are all taken care of for you.
- Priority access to higher levels of care. Depending on the senior living community and its policies, you can receive priority to additional care as your needs increase. As a continuing care community, Someren Glen offers a continuum of care, including independent living, assisted living, memory support, skilled nursing, and rehabilitation.
- Loneliness will be in your past. From engaging activities to friendly neighbors, you’ll never feel alone, and every day offers the chance to make new friends. Senior living communities offer a wide range of activities, from arts and crafts to educational seminars, fitness classes, and outings. There’s always something exciting to do that aligns with your interests.
- No more yard work or home maintenance. Your days of making sure the leaves are raked will be over! This is one of the most mentioned reasons people choose senior living communities – all your maintenance, landscaping, and housekeeping is taken care of, allowing you to focus on the activities you love. If you enjoy gardening, Someren Glen has a community flower, herb, and vegetable garden that is grown and nurtured by residents.
- Your monthly expenses are greatly simplified. Senior living communities generally include the expenses you may have had to pay – like utilities, water, association fees, property taxes, home insurance, and more – into the monthly fees.
- No more stairs. unless you want to exercise that way! Many family homes have stairs to navigate somewhere, but senior living communities generally will not – even if you’re on the top floor, the elevators will whisk you to your home.
As you consider making the transition to a senior living community, take into account the many advantages as you weigh the pros and cons. We understand that it is a significant decision that impacts your lifestyle, well-being, and overall happiness. We invite you to experience our community firsthand to see if it’s the right choice for you or your loved one.
Contact us to find out how you can experience the community at Someren Glen!